How does Travelpro treat users´ personal data?
What data do we collect?
Information you give us (submitted information):
- This includes information that you provide to us: a. when you call us; b. by filling in forms and submitting them to us; c. by e-mail; or d. when you register to use our services, subscribe to any one of our services, through surveys, or by requesting further services.
- The information you give us may include:
- your name, address, e-mail address, age, postal address (including billing and shipping address), personal description and photograph, username, password and other registration information, your phone number, IP address, browser or device information; or
- information you submit in order to make an order and/or inquiry.
- data relating to the products purchased (date of purchase, type, control number)
- If you contact us, whether through our services, the Website or otherwise we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We ask that you do not submit, or disclose, any Sensitive Information to us through the Sites or in any other way.
“Sensitive Information" means Personal Data relating to sensitive issues such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health or medical condition, criminal record, union membership, and sexual orientation.
How do we collect your data?
Each time you visit our Website or use our services we may collect the following information:
- Details of your use and your visits to our ("Log Information").
- Your contact details such us your e-mail address, forename and surname ("Contact Details Information").
- Information we receive from other sources ("Third Party Information"). We are working closely with third parties (including payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers).
- You might give us permission to access some information about you when using some social media sites.
- Through cookies.
How will we use your data?
We will only use your personal information in line with the purposes for which you provided it to us (or for compatible purposes), in line with your stated preferences and with your reasonable expectations.
Travelpro collects your data so that we can:
- Process and track your order, manage your account.
- Email you with special offers or newsletter.
- Personalize services.
- Remember your preferences about how you would like us to use your personal data and interact with you.
- Deal with your enquiries and requests, including contacting you where necessary and providing you with information you ask from us.
- Manage after-sales service.
- Measurement of quality, satisfaction and visits.
- Manage your rights as a data subject to: information; access your own personal data; correct personal data; erase personal data, also known as the right to be forgotten; restrict data processing; object to data processing; receive a copy of your personal data or transfer your personal data to another data controller; not be subject to automated decision-making.
- Notify you of a data security breach.
- Conduct statistical analyses, reporting and drafting analysis reports.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to our services, or to the Website.
- Improve and develop our services, or the Website.
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
How will we store your data?
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
We will keep your data for as long as:
- you have consented to it; or
- is required in respect to the purposes for which such information was provided to us, including where you have given us permission to use it to contact you in the future for marketing purposes.
Please note that our online and e-mail advertising service providers may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies in connection with the Sites to help manage our online and e-mail advertising campaigns and to enhance the effectiveness of those campaigns. For example, if a vendor has placed a unique cookie on your computer, the vendor may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies to recognize the cookie during your visit to the Sites and to learn which of our online advertisements may have caused you to access our Sites, and the vendor may provide us with other information for our use. Please note that we may link that other information provided to us by our providers with Personal Information that we have previously collected about you.
We may use third-party advertising companies to display ads on our Sites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to the Sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
What are your data protection rights?
Travelpro Products Inc. would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access your own personal data: you have the right to request Travelpro for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request that Travelpro correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure personal data and the right to be forgotten: you have the right to request Travelpro erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so here.
Also, you can contact us at [email protected] .
In order to make our Website easier to use and navigate, we sometimes place small data files on your computer or mobile device. These are known as cookies.
You can read Travelpro´s CookiePolicy here to know the cookies we use and how you can manage your cookie preferences.
How can you contact us?
How can you contact the appropriate authorities?
To lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where any alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.